Autore Topic: Hardware concern for Blender Render  (Letto 745 volte)

Offline johntimber

• Apprendista
Hardware concern for Blender Render
« il: Giugno 23, 2018, 13:16:52 pm »
Hi,

I want to upgrade my graphics card and make it work with blender (using graphics power instead of CPU), but I use blender render instead of Cycles for high poly modeling and exporting them after baking textures. My questions:
a) Does using a graphics card better the performance (CUDA or OpenCL) when used for Blender render and not Cycles.
b) If Yes, what type of graphics is more important. One with a larger VRAM 4GB GDDR3 or a better and faster one but smaller in size, say a 1GB GDDR5?
c) Is using an ATI card for the same purpose going to achieve similar results as an nVidia based card? (I read that ATI based GPU rendering isn't yet possible and is on hold)
d) My primary work involves modeling and baking the items in blender render with high sample bakes using Environment Maps or Ambient Occlusion map bakes. Does using a GPU based rendering help with that?

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:-
**** [link di spamming soppresso]

Thanks!
« Ultima modifica: Giugno 23, 2018, 13:38:28 pm da Vicus »

Offline Vicus

• Moderatore Globale
  • Pietra miliare della QM
Re:Hardware concern for Blender Render
« Risposta #1 il: Giugno 23, 2018, 13:42:03 pm »
Dear spammer, we were pleased to have you here for such a limited time.

Noi ci ritroveremo a difendere, non solo le incredibili virtù e l’incredibile sensatezza della vita umana, ma qualcosa di ancora più incredibile, questo immenso, impossibile universo che ci fissa in volto. Noi saremo tra quanti hanno visto eppure hanno creduto.