Autore Topic: Il volto mutevole del femminismo: alle donne va bene il sessismo se ne benefi...  (Letto 2786 volte)

Offline Warlordmaniac

• WikiQM
  • Veterano
Il volto mutevole del femminismo: alle donne va bene il sessismo se ne beneficiano

Articolo del Dailymail, quindi in lingua inglese:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2470085/Women-fine-sexism-long-benefits-scientists-reveal.html#ixzz2iUymARbk

The fickle face of feminism: Women are fine with sexism… as long as it benefits them, says new study

Women are more accepting of 'benevolent sexism' according to the study
    Refers to those who see women as helpless and in need of male protection
    The more entitled a woman feels, the more likely she is to accept it
    Study conducted by researchers at the University of Auckland

While wolf whistling and pay inequality might rankle, it seems that not all sexist behaviour is seen as a bad thing, according to a new study.

'Benevolent sexism', where women are treated as helpless entities in need of protection, is seen in a positive light by many - particularly those women with a strong sense of entitlement.

The results appeared in a study conducted by researchers at the University of Auckland and titled The Allure of Sexism: Psychological Entitlement Fosters Women’s Endorsement of Benevolent Sexism Over Time.
The study was set up to test part of the Ambivalent Sexism Theory, which splits discrimination against women into two varieties - hostile and benevolent.

Hostile, also known as misogyny, encompasses those who see women as second class and those who think women are intellectually inferior to men as well as other obviously sexist standpoints.

Benevolent sexism, meanwhile, is the term used to describe the actions of those men and women who believe females depend on their male partners for everything from money to guidance and find it difficult to exist independently.

'This research was designed to test a central part of Ambivalent Sexism Theory that has not been previously examined,' lead researcher Matthew Hammond told online magazine, PsyPost.org.

'[We wanted to see] whether or not benevolent sexism is attractive to women because of its promises of benefits to individual women under the conditions of being cared for and provided for by a man within an intimate relationship.'

The study, which spoke to 2,700 women and 1,600 New Zealand men, found that women with a greater sense of entitlement - in other words, those that feel they have a 'right' to the best things in life - were more likely to agree with statements such as 'Women should be cherished and protected by men.'

'Even though both men and women have these kind of "entitled" tendencies to be reward-oriented and status-focused — the "cherish and protect" attitudes of benevolent sexism seem to take advantage of these qualities in women only,' added Hammond.

'This is an example of how benevolent sexism is an insidious set of ideas which appear to exploit "niceness" to encourage women to hold more sexist beliefs.'

Offline Warlordmaniac

• WikiQM
  • Veterano
Ottimi anche i commenti

Offline Ryu

• Affezionato
peccato che poi dicano: We are no longer accepting comments on this article.

Della serie abbiamo fatto sfogare un pochino i maschi ora basta sennò ci linciano
Odio il femminismo perché amo le donne

Offline TheDarkSider

• WikiQM
  • Veterano
Chissà perché non sono sorpreso?

Il volto mutevole del femminismo? Io dire il volto vero del femminismo.

Femminismo = Paraculismo femminile
"Le donne occidentali sono più buone e tolleranti con gli immigrati islamici che le stuprano che con i loro mariti."
Una donna marocchina

Offline TheDarkSider

• WikiQM
  • Veterano
il commento di una donna sincera è più raro della neve all'equatore, perciò vale la pena riportarlo:

Honest, Cambridge, 5 days ago

I think this is true and I consider myself a feminist so it frustrates me. You can't fight for equal pay but still expect men to pay for you all the time. If you're the 'breadwinner' while your partner is a stay at home dad, you can't expect to automatically get custody of the kids if you split up. So women, do you want equality or not?

"Le donne occidentali sono più buone e tolleranti con gli immigrati islamici che le stuprano che con i loro mariti."
Una donna marocchina

Offline Lucia

• Femminista
  • Veterano
il commento di una donna sincera è più raro della neve all'equatore, perciò vale la pena riportarlo:

Honest, Cambridge, 5 days ago

I think this is true and I consider myself a feminist so it frustrates me. You can't fight for equal pay but still expect men to pay for you all the time. If you're the 'breadwinner' while your partner is a stay at home dad, you can't expect to automatically get custody of the kids if you split up. So women, do you want equality or not?

In Italy you  get the custody of the kids even if you are the breadwinner (or just because you are the breadwinner) and your husband stay at home with the kids for many years.

Offline Warlordmaniac

• WikiQM
  • Veterano
In Italy you  get the custody of the kids even if you are the breadwinner (or just because you are the breadwinner) and your husband stay at home with the kids for many years.

Che cos'è?

Offline Lucia

• Femminista
  • Veterano
che in Italia la custodia dei figli va alla madre anche se lei sta acasa e il marito lavora anche se lei lavora e il marito stava acasa con i figli.

Offline COSMOS1

• Amministratore
  • Storico
  • Cosimo Tomaselli - Venezia
Dio cè
MA NON SEI TU
Rilassati

Offline Lucia

• Femminista
  • Veterano
pensavo che è un topic in inglese  :D

Offline Lucia

• Femminista
  • Veterano
A me il sessismo mi da fastidio in una discussione o al lavoro sia se è benevolo, sia se è malevolo. Forse se è malevolo mi da meno fastidio perché mi permette di essere scortese o cinica. Se è benevolo mi obbliga a essere gentile e di nuovo mi da fastidio perché non posso contraddire bene chi è gentile con me.

Comunque in Romania non sono stata mai né svnataggiata, né vantaggiata dal essere donna diciamo nella mi carriera universitaria. Forse in Italia è mediamente diverso, non so (al PhD non era molto diverso). E anche i gesti di cortesia persistono di piu senza che per questo qualcuno si senta sminuito (parlo dei ambiti di insegnanti o intelettuali)

Il mio sesso è importante solo per con chi voglio far sesso, e solo allora sono benvenute le smanccerie tipiche tra uomo e donna. In quel caso è obbligatorio che io senta lui superiore a me, se non , non mi piace.

Inoltre non credo troppo nel sessismo benevolo per esempio al lavoro. Tra un leccapiedi maschio e una non leccapiedi femmina comunque sarà promosso il leccapiedi. Qundi ci sono tante altre variante che contano di piu del sesso della persona.

Poi a parte le situazioni di lavoro(o discussioni, ricerca) e il rapporto coppia quando ero al liceo (tecnico) 30 maschi e 8 femmine era chiaro che i maschi tra di loro erano molto agressivi, e certo che non voglio che si comportino cosi anhce con noi. Solo che io non c'ho mai pensato che quelli li sono superiori a me perché non fanno altro che picchiarsi e dire parolacce. Se si vuole parità in quel caso gli uomini dovrebbero comportarsi gli uni con altri come si comportano con le donne  :dry:

Offline fabriziopiludu

• Pietra miliare della QM

Diciamo "lecca assorbenti e TenaLady usati".

Offline COSMOS1

• Amministratore
  • Storico
  • Cosimo Tomaselli - Venezia
@Abraxas: sarebbe interessante obbligare i mm a comportarsi con i mm come si comportano con le ff  :w00t:

ad ogni modo il tema è interessante: trattare dd e mm in modo diverso è sessismo
ma allora ci uniformiamo ai mm o alle ff?
le dd non vogliono essere trattate come i mm, quindi dovremmo trattare i mm da ff, i quali mm non vogliono essere trattati fa ff?  :lol:
Dio cè
MA NON SEI TU
Rilassati